View Single Post
Old 21-04-19, 19:24

Once all this work had been done it was time for a test run around the property at work and a pose for a picture outside. I was mindful of not straying too far from any route that the tractor could recover me from.

Despite having done carb work and fresh new fuel the machine suffered from classic fuel starvation issues and surged and spluttered at times which I managed to overcome and nurse the machine back to the shop. We elected to pull the fuel lines out of the tank including the strainer at the end and the filter. They were all heavily soiled and in a poor state of repair. We also took the diaphragm pump apart and it looked old. Also we found some slight cracks in the lines connecting all these items.

I ordered up new parts and the following week put them all in and what a difference it makes and what an elevation in my feelings of reliability. That was well founded as it ran well on the next test run and was a hoot to rip around on the frozen fields and trails on the farm. It fires right up and not so much as a single hiccup.

I am satisfied now that the machine is usable and safe. Hopefully I will take it down to York PA in the summer. It will go away in a vermin free box in the meantime.

At the swap meet over the winter I found this vintage Grabber wire cutter in a box. It is very similar in many aspects, even the same some might say. It does however lack the other two mounting points of the tripod style like mine has, but I suspect the maker was the same and a low volume cottage industry at the time. Can anyone shed any light?
Attached Thumbnails
skandic 22.jpg   skandic 25.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62

Last edited by Robin Craig; 21-04-19 at 19:30.