View Single Post
Old 11-02-17, 12:12
Tony Baker

Thank you Rob!

That's brilliant. Pretty much all i needed to know, with the other info given in previous day or so. Much appreciated, Gentlemen.

Local steel shop gas 50mm tube, in wall thickness of 1.6mm, up to over 4mm. 2-3mm should be fine. I'll go with 3mm, just to be sure. Brass ends on the non fitting end, would be nice. It's time I looked into getting a lathe anyway. Before i can fit one in, I need to make some further progress on the truck build. Cab roof needs finishing and put on the cab, which in turn gas to go onto the chassis. Once those jobs are done, I will have much more room in my workshop. SHOULD even have room to set up the 25pr axle in a location to start work on the trails!

The weather here is oppressive at the moment. My plan to get as much assembly done on the sight assembly tomorrow, is fortunate. That's about the most energetic work I can do in such heat. They are predicting 40 degrees Celsius. That is roughly 106F, if my calculations are right. Dreadful, when you factor in the humidity. I would happily relocate somewhere considerably colder, but it's not practical.