View Single Post
Old 25-10-17, 19:48
Mr. HUP

Default Uncanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post

A better idea is to take those same two sea cans, space them apart, and run suitable roof trusses. It will keep the cans dry, and give you a storage space in the middle. That said, putting a roof on will be expensive and time consuming, which kind of defeats the reason for using sea cans in the first place.

I couldn't agree more with the first and second sentences. As for the third sentence, it cost me around $300 to put the roof on my two sea cans as shown in the pic below. The majority of the cost was for the tin and screws required. The wood came from a neighbour's deck, which I repurposed into sturdy trusses.

If I were to do this again, I would increase the span between the cans. Right now, the Pilot Model HUP (in pieces) resides in this quite dry and spacious home. The front and back are now covered with mod tents, as seen in the second shot - the front rolls up on a pulley system. Ultimately, I cannot but sing the praises of sea cans and sea can shelters.
Attached Thumbnails
seacans.jpg   DSC06629002res.jpg  

Last edited by RHClarke; 25-10-17 at 19:55.