View Single Post
Old 12-09-20, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post

As far as I am aware, Mr Duffy has bought and sold numerous other armoured vehicles. He has been a big proponent of the Ontario Regiment Museum and raised its profile head-and-shoulders above its previous levels. Let's not forget just how much good he's done for the hobby. As I mentioned above when I visited the very impressive collection, I was informed that the two pieces were by then acknowledged as not original.
Yes he has done, as Executive Director, a lot to help raise the profile of this museum a lot compared to where it had been years ago. That is not disputed.

However, perhaps these purchases are done as a way to get substantial tax receipts from the museum to go towards reducing his personal income tax obligations to CRA. I have no issues with Mr Duffy. From all I have heard is a standup guy.

It’s the corporate attitude of this museum that has shifted and become arrogant and “the only ones in town” when in fact they aren’t. The PR guy Tank Museum Guy/Jeremy Neal Blowers consistently posts half truths on Facebook and in the media about their armour. He arrogantly tried to tell me about the intricacies of importing armour. He must have realized his arrogance because he deleted that comment but not before I had a screen shot it. Mr Blowers has also blocked me from commenting on his Tank Museum Guy page.

It’s a great system that’s been setup with this museum, buy armour, get it written off with tax receipts, have it stored at a museum inside, have 150 volunteers rebuild and keep the maintenance on them and then you get to drive them anytime you want.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer