View Single Post
Old 02-01-09, 02:39
Mr. HUP

Default 2009 at the Hammond Barn

Welcome to the New Year and the new Hammond Barn thread. It is always nice to start with a clean slate, so today, Bob, Grant and I spent some time at the barn doing chores. It was only minus 18oC with a wind chill that took it to about minus30oC at times. The boys beat me to the barn today and had just sparked up Lucifer when I arrived.

Bob and Grant played with the new snow blower - I think they are making it into a transformer...Not much was done with bare hands outside or inside the barn today. The boys looked chilly...

I did a scrap metal clean up and rearranged beneath one of the work tables. We reestabled our rag supply and had fun ripping up some old shirts and unmentionables that were donated to the cause. This was followed up by installing two radiator support mounts - thanks to Phil Waterman for the photos of his HUP...much appreciated.

Here are some of the major goals for the Hammond Quartet this year:
End of Summer Update
Dress "Lettie" (Bob's truck) up in her sheet metal;In progress
Get my HUP - AKA "Metal Mistress" running; Done
Get Grant's engine into his radio truck; Working on that
Test Guy's sewing ability; Done - shift boot
Install new shelves in the attic of the barn;Later
Clean the barn; A never ending chore
Conduct a pole barn building feasibility study;Done - looks like sea containers might be a substitute
Do the Barrie Flea Market - twice; Done
Go to CC; and Missed it - literally and figuratively
Organize and conduct BBB3. Shit canned for this year - it's the economy, you know...

It should be a great year at the Hammond Barn. We will keep you posted!

Last edited by RHClarke; 23-09-09 at 04:25.