View Single Post
Old 18-01-09, 22:56
Mr. HUP

Default Quiet at the Barn

It's been too freakin cold for outside the barn work the past few weeks. We have been limited to short periods of work inside the barn. Today, the temp went up to -16oC! Downright balmy...a good day to work in the shelter.

I spent most of the morning working on my front pax side door. Bent hinge arms, loose hinges, missing brass spacers and the cold weather made it a longer than usual job to hang just one small door. This shot shows the stamping lines and the outline for the wiring diagram plate:

The almost finished product:

Bob showed up mid-morning to off load the goodies we got from Greg Wright. After stowing our canvas and rags, Bob and I headed to the barn with two new additions. Greg provided the barn with two large fire extinguishers - much appreciated additions to the barn. Bob and I set one each in the front and rear portion of the barn.

Grant was busy at home today, so we didn't see him at the barn. At noon, we went to Mike's Place in Hammond (our new haute cuisine locale) for a good breakfast. Following that, more clean up and small tasks. Bob grabbed his doors and did a rust damage assessment.

Some interesting markings on Bob's door.

After the wood fire burned down in Lucifer, Bob and I headed out for domestic chores.

Last edited by RHClarke; 19-01-09 at 18:00. Reason: Poor French...