View Single Post
Old 28-01-09, 11:03
Richard Harrison

David the 30k figure came direct from the seller i have a copy of the email if its required.

I have to be the sour puss here guys, i think you would be a fool to pay 30k for a carrier, more so in todays economic climate, people just dont have that kind of spare cash lying around now, and the economy is going to get worse over the next two years, we in england will never fully recover from the recession all be it that it will get a bit better than it is now. in my area there as been in excess of 20K people made redundant. large firms are folding left right and center.
i suppose it is a buyers market for carriers, (if you want one cheap) as folk need money.

i really hope this guy gets the 30K he wants, but i was always told at the very begining when looking for a carrier "dont pay more than 17K for a US or Canadian one" and "dont pay more than 25K for a fully restored good quality British carrier" this person has many carriers but shall remain nameless.

looking at Robs old carrier it is nice yes, but it is what we used to refer to classic cars as a "Bitser" in other words its built up from bits of other vehicles ie not original and by Robs own admissions the carrier certainly has no provinence to active WW2 fighting service the guys name is Chris ? if this helps ID the owner

i am new to all this guys so if i am way off base i appologise, i meerly compare this situation to experiences with the classic motor trade where provinence and originality is everything and makes the difference from a 40k price tag to a 4k price tag.

cheers folks

Ps my comments are not intended to cause any offence to anyone who are restoring / own carriers or any MV.

Richard

__5th Div___46th Div__
1942 Ford Universal Carrier No.3 MkI*
Lower Hull No. 10131
War Department CT54508 (SOLD)
1944 Ford Universal Carrier MkII* (under restoration).
1944 Morris C8 radio body (under restoration).

Last edited by RichardT10829; 28-01-09 at 14:02.