View Single Post
Old 17-04-12, 10:40
Tony Baker

Default Long awaited "Ford of Canada in Wartime" HAS ARRIVED

Well, it's finally here folks! The above mentioned book that I had long since given up for dead.........or at least lost in post [lost in space]! The mystery of delay was revealed when I saw it had actually been sent 'surface' AKA sent via SEA, with all the lengthy delay that goes along with it. Last thing I received by sea was a vintage parachute which was far too heavy for air. It took less time to arrive than this book, and had 6 or 7 different kinds of packing tape, where it had been opened & inspected by each port/customs along the way.

In addition to the book itself, there is also the original letter of thanks to the factory worker this was presented to. I believe these were ONLY produced in sufficient numbers for each of the wartime Ford factory and associated support services workers. That would make this a very rare book indeed. Anyhow, enough of the talk, and more of the photos.

I have chosen 15 pages to post here, with a cross-section of appeals. As they say...."something for everyone"....possibly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	48480 Click image for larger version

Name:	ford 2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	48481 Click image for larger version

Name:	ford 3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	79.7 KB