View Single Post
Old 28-03-04, 01:24
Dog Robber

Nuyt:

The last photo is, I will bet a case of beer on, an Opel P4 fitted out as a Kubel type car. Based on the passenger car chassis, not a small truck.
Now, someone has to investigate, If my ID is correct, how in the bloody, bloody did a RHD Opel get down to the NEI?????
Parallel question, I had no idea the NEI folk drove to the left. Is this so?

Further on the subject of Dutch vehicles, albeit not necessarily NEI vehicles, if you do not have these books, try to get them.

Nederlandse militaire voertuigen by Van Popta & Schulten
No ISBN # but it was published in 1978 by Van Holkema & Warendorf in Bussum.

Daar Komen De Canadezen by Peter Veldheer
Published in 1982 by Gisjbers & Van Loon in Arnhem.
ISBN 90 6235 041 0

On various other CMP and local product, try to get:

The History of Ford in Australia by Norm Darwin.
Eddie Ford Publications Newstead, Victoria Australia 1986.

The History of Holden in Australia by Norm Darwin.
Eddie Ford Publications Newstead, Victoria Australia 1983

For Danish CMP product, try to get a copy of Automobilet I Haeren 1908-1983 by Frank Pedersen
As far as I can tell, it was published, probably as a private venture, by Skandinavisk Motor Co. A/S in Glostrup, Danmark

I have not yet found some other interesting stuff in my cellar but I do know I have a history of DAF from the beginning to the mid fifties and several Marmon Herrington original catalogs from the late 1930s to the mid 1950s that may add to this field of research.

I hope everyone understands that I do not want to stray too far from the CMP theme but there is really a lot of inter-connection between the pure CMP vehicles, the modified ones and the more or less civilian ones that were supplied to a wide range of countries both within and slightly outside the former British Empire. As automotive/military vehicle nuts, I think we should try to include all of them in our research.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Murray; 28-03-04 at 01:40.