View Single Post
Old 13-02-08, 04:07

Default Thanks to Everyone....

G'day again everyone,

Thankyou to all that have posted so far.

I realise now that I should have been more specific as to what I was looking for. I was after the crane type truck that is in the pics that Keith, Rod, and Tommy K have posted. I used the word derrick as that is what I remembered them being referred to. But having thought about it, it really is a crane truck and the term derrick probably fits the fixed pole/tripod type crane the best.

The specification sheet posted by Keith is the same as the truck that is up here.
Now, some more questions:-
I assume that the winch lifts the load up, but how do you lower it? Can you reverse the PTO direction? Does it have some sort of brake mechanism you engage to lower the lifted load?
Thr Trinity Beach picture shows a hand winch(?) near the base of the mast. This looks to me like the mechanism for lifting or lowering the jib - before a load is lifted by the winch. Is this correct?
How does the crane slew? It looks like you just push it around once you have lifted your load - not nice if you are not on level ground.
There does not seem to be any provision for stabliser legs - can anyone see any in the pics?
What was the Safe Working Load/rating of the crane?

Crikey, that is enough for now! I welcome any more input about these cranes.

Jared