View Single Post
Old 18-03-14, 03:18

Thank very much, folks, your responses are appreciated.

Howard, I will be at the Junee swap meet, so I'll get in touch beforehand so I can say g'day. The Inter at Harefield sounds interesting.

There seem to be a few MVs around the Riverina, and I'm interested to learn that there are more collectors around here than I thought. A bloke told me of a wartime Chev truck a little north from here, but I didn't hear back from him. Mike, funny how these things can be just down the road. Looks like I'm too late to find out about the Marrar collection. A local friend of mine has the Fargo in the picture; it belonged to his grandfather, and my friend painted it with blue housepaint as a ten year-old. He has recovered it to restore, and the wheels are purely to get it on and off the trailer.

Tony, the truck in your pics could be from the same batch. It looks like someone is doing it up. So, there may be a few of them out there in preservation? Richard, it's certainly unusual, and I hope to learn a good bit along the way. Rick, the HCVC people have been very helpful, as your link shows. Bob, the Bedford doesn't have the same appeal as the Inter, but I probably wouldn't have been interested in a more modern civillian vehicle!

So thanks again; the fun continues!

Cheers,
Matt
Attached Thumbnails
244.jpg