View Single Post
Old 24-03-09, 12:19
Rick Cove

Default COROWA - 30 from the President KVE Inc

THANK YOU ALL,

This years Corowa exceeded all expectations. 197 vehicles and 1 warbird. Whilst we didn't make the magical 200, it was a great success.

My thanks go to Jan and her team of helpers, Maureen, Barbara, Carol, Dave and Maggie, Sarah and all the others at the Site Office. (I know it's dangerous to list names as I'm sure to miss many, so I'll stop there and thank all those who helped at the Site Office.) To Dutchy and his helpers, Thank You all also. To all those others who helped in any small way, I thank you as well. We cannot do Corowa without your help.

We have an amazing team to make Corowa the great week that it is. My thanks to my Committee for all your hard work and thank you all again for all you do.

Thanks also to all those who attended, be it with a vehicle or not. To our overseas visitors, thank you for coming. (They were from Switzerland, New Zealand and others.)

From pushbikes to main battle tamks, they were there. It was great to see so many Blitzes in one place. 43(?) This was also the year of the Amphibian and we were ably supported by both the Puckapunyal and Bandiana Museums. Also I must mention John Belfield (and Bill) who brought along their LVT4 'Water-buffalo" which thrilled the assembled crowds. Restored, 'as found' or in their working clothes, we didn't mind. Just so long as they were there. Many parts and ideas were swapped. Every item was admired. Names were fitted to faces. Laughter was abound.

Thanks to Maurice Wilson for opening his property to us on Thursday. This will be an ongoing event in the future. Dusty tracks on the way in and ultra slippery on the way out. No-one minded the rain as there had only been 6mm so far for the year. We soon changed that.

The Shire of Corowa gave us a Civic Reception at the RSL which was well attended. The school children were very interested in our display on Wednesday and the crowds in the Main Street on Saturday were amazing.

The Rally Badges/Dash plates were well received. Something also for the future.

There are many stories to come out of Corowa-30. Keep them coming folks, also your Photos.

Once again, Thank you all.

Rick Cove
President KVE Inc.
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)