View Single Post
Old 13-11-03, 21:38
Sgt Ret'd

Default M-3

Thanks for your speedy response, this vehicle is in very good shape although it hasn't ran in at least a decade. The vehicle was kept in very good order by the Strathconas and it is almost completely original. I have a veteran in Edmonton who drove halftracks for BSqn SAR as an ambulance driver, he has given us lots of insight and is searching for his original driver and maintainence manuals. The plan is for a frame up restoration and our Honorary Col has stated that money will not be a problem, as he wants the job done properly. I will try to post a few pics here if i can figure out how to do that. And as for the canvas top, the ACV has a custom built roof, the troops modified it themselves so that their is only a small center strip(approx 3 ft wide) in the center with the sides covered over, there are plates that slide forward and back to allow access. The vehicle interior was fitted with mounts for 4 #19 wireless sets and is fairly rusty inside right now, although the outer body is well preserved. Rob

My photos are too large to set as attachments and i am having trouble with the html insertion so you will have to wait a little longer for photos, sorry