View Single Post
Old 26-04-04, 00:57
Richard Notton

Default Re: Now we're cooking

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Ashby
[B]Richard I’m back from the pub and am happy to report I have burnt gallons of gas today moving my Leyland Retriever engine and gearbox to its new home so I’m all fired up on a haze of non green, non PC, non Euro high lead fuel.
Nothing wrong here, highly commendable; in fact I joined you in spirit having given Alvis a bit of a whizz. In fact there is a heap of bollards about leaded fuel mainly because politicians can't understand science and technology, in-vogue greenies have their ears shut and listen with their mouths.

Simply put, TEL (tetra-ethyl lead) has to be cleared after combustion with a catalyst, a bromide or a chlorine, and it makes a water soluble salt (halide), i.e. it simply washes away. Metallic lead is a very different thing and destroys brain cells.

For example; sodium is a very volatile metal and spontaneously combusts with water, chlorine is seriously poisonous; chemically combined into NaCl we eat it as table salt.

Also worthy of note is the most prevalent greenhouse gas isn't CO2 by a long way, but water vapour; best we all stop breathing and save our environment perhaps.

Quote:
Let's start at the beginning…….. Hastings or in English history (actually that means Saxon, that’s about mid way, in British history it’s not even a blinks worth.

Now, I can rightfully claim that one of my ancestors was there…. fighting for the bad guy, on which side where the Notons and Winnington-Balls, those with the arrows and dodgy hair cuts or them with the long droopy moustaches and enormous choppers?
Two T's please in Notton, although its still palindromic so I'll let you off, doubtless a carry-over from gas-guzzling and pub run I think.

I can't get back that far, Mrs. Notton has the tree with documentation to the start of official records but that's not far enough at all. I'm afraid I have no idea either which side Mr. Winnington's balls are on either, maybe he had a hand in saving Ryan's privates too.

Mrs. Notton had an enormous chopper, it was made by Mr. Harley and Mr. Davidson in the Yewnighted states of Merriga apparently, and as prophesied it didn't go, stop or handle particularly well, anyway she sold it for a nice little car.

Quote:
Anyway we kicked some Saxon arse and generally misbehaved for the next two centuries. Seves them right they were interlopers anyway.
Had it not been for the blasted Tudors I would still own most of Northamptonshire part of Warwickshire and bits Leicestershire.
What a bummer, we could have had a brilliant MV show on that lot and not even paid 25 quid for the privilege.

Quote:
Right the Scottish problem next,
Hmmmmm, Gordon's ears must be a similar colour to his Sno-cat.

Quote:
Most of the 14 billion a month is paid by the taxes of those who live in the southeast of England, I know, I pay 40% of it every month.
You n' me both; been there, done it, shall I scan my P60?
http://www.i-resign.com/uk/resignationkit/p60.asp for those outside the UK.

Quote:
It makes me feel warm all over to realise that my sacrifice is going towards making Scottish MP's comfy and not sorting out the very real problems of unemployment and under investment in the Highlands, I have close links with Dounreay so I have an idea what the issues are in that part of the world.
How true.
Errr, isn't Dounreay self-heating?

Quote:
Now Alberta.........I have looked at my Readers Digest World Atlas and it looks like it's on the same level as the UK so I guessing the weather is broadly the same?
I think not perhaps.

I suspect its cold enough at times to freeze the balls off a brass monkey; which, incidentally, has nothing to do with a metallic primate or its detached gonads. (Answers, guesses or personal abuse from non-UK residents past or present only please.)

Quote:
Two questions Do they have bloody great snakes there? And are there bloody great bears wandering around? Both are preferable to being mugged in the street, but at least a chap needs to be prepared.
Indeed so, and I have found the nicely machined offerings from Mr. Ruger together with Mssrs. Smith & Wesson in 0.44" size to be extremely efficacious for the former two; however, this remedy is wholly unthinkable here for the latter where it would seem its your fault for being in a position to be waylaid by blackguards and footpads.

My youngest daughter, the girly piggy (_I'm_ allowed to call her that), can tell you all about it, the mountain of paperwork and the revolving court door system. In the first six months she got knifed once - kevlar vests do work, and had a loaded gun to the head - only criminals are allowed guns here.

Somewhere infamously violent ? Nah, genteel Chichester.

Sow the seeds, reap the whirlwind methinks.

Quote:
Yours as ever xenophobicaly
That's two of us marked down for special attention then.

R.