Thread: m35a2
View Single Post
Old 26-04-12, 05:33
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Speedy, a few of these available right here in ON now for sale at $6500...
No need to cross borders.
There are piles of them available in the US for decent money, buyer beware from gov sales. Many guys are dealing down south and they come ready checked out although command a higher price for this service. Lots available in private hands down there as well.
If buying from a gov auction you require a SF97 which is gov release documentation so you can import and apply here for an ownership. The US Gov does not provide ownerships.
To get across the border you require the SF97, bill of sale and need to drop these items off at the border crossing (US Customs) where you will be coming across 72 hours prior to arrival. They will want to inspect the veh when you cross to confirm the serial number etc. They will stamp your papers to leave the USA when they are satisfied. You will report to CBSA on the Canadian side. They will look at your documents, bill of sale etc and your truck to re-confirm serial etc. You will be assessed the HST, payable there.
Done. You will go to the MTO and have an ownership made up, providing the documents that you imported it with. For the time being, you can get an "unfit" ownership until you get the vehicle safetied and E-tested. Because it is overweight it ends up in a different class than say your pickup and will be subject to e-testing because it is diesel.
You can drive on a class G, I believe but this is coming under scrutiny from the MTO as the truck is air over hydraulic and falls into the same weight class as a commercial truck. Since it is a privately owned historic vehicle, I think they turn a blind eye to it although any MTO inspector could be your worst nightmare. I drove mine frequently but I am also classed with an AZ license so I never worried about things to much as far as licensing issue.
Chris

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers