View Single Post
Old 28-10-12, 11:44

Quote:
While it is a vast collection, with a number of unique pieces, I'd say "buyer beware". I noticed when it was still at the Victory Musem at Arlon, Belgium, that a lot of the "restorations" are very crude & inaccurate. Some vehicles were bought restored and are better, though many of them seem to not have seen any service since they were put in the museum in Belgium. I even spotted a vehicle which still has the mud splattering from what must have been it's last outing at a show in the UK decades ago...
I agree with you on this Hanno, but I have to say that it's very sad that this collection is slowly falling apart. The badly done rebuilds were mostly German vehicles.
For potential buyers; some of the vehicle rebuilds were described in old issus of the French MV magazine, Ve-Mil, or Vehicules militaires.

Commonwealth wise, there are some interesting vehicles for sale, like the Morris PU 8x4, Windsor carrier, Loyd carrier, Standard Tilly........anyone spot the F60B anywhere in the auction (it was far from complete if I rememer correctly)?

Last edited by Alex van de Wetering; 28-10-12 at 11:56.