View Single Post
Old 18-06-14, 01:55
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob love View Post
I have the earlier monopod on mine. I thought I had checked it for fit before, and it did not. I'l try it again next time I head out to the shop.

I can't see them making the operator remove the cheekrest in order to stow the rifle. Anytime you have an operator un-do screws, you lose them. They would have to have a stowage bin filled with the screws, along with bandaids for the damage the screwdriver will inevitably cause to their fingertips.
I agree, it doesn't make sense to take things apart for stowage unless there's a conflict and absolutely no other choice. Not great when you want to deploy the weapon in a hurry too. The problem is that I have the original brackets and the rifle just doesn't fit otherwise. I've considered trying it upside down with the pointy side of the cheek rest sitting on the bracket felt but I expect the cast butt piece will conflict. There would be no problem with the monopod however...

Here's pic of a similar Mk.1 carrier so I think the rear bracket is correct. Front and middle came with the carrier and can only go on one way.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01290.JPG  

Last edited by Bruce Parker (RIP); 18-06-14 at 02:04.