View Single Post
Old 27-07-16, 10:39

Here you go, if you have problem, I will get the link off ebay. In my opinion the front brake pipe, chassis to axle, could do with being a bit shorter. I couldn't find a socket to fit the large nuts, so I made a very crude one to suit. It works a lot better than a hammer and chisel, which is what had been used in the past by previous mechanics.

All of the parts that I have been waiting for have turned up so I was able to get the rear axle in and the brakes installed. It took quite a lot of searching to find some of the components so I will post where the parts came from.

Rear brake cylinders - Ebay (usa)
Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder-Professional Grade Front Raybestos WC3406( 161726933472 )

Rear spring u bolts and long nuts - ATS springs www.ATSsprings.com (USA) 9/16X3-5/8X9-1/2\" ROUND U BOLT KIT x 2 sets

Front brake cylinders - Ebay (usa)
Drum Brake Wheel Cylinder Dorman W4571 fits 40-47 Ford 1 Ton Pickup( 281439639223 )

I had time on Sunday to pipe the brakes in. The brake hoses that were on the vehicle, were far too long, infact, the front axle to swivel housing hoses, rubbed on the inside of the wheels. After a bit of research I found a company in Southhampton Hampshire, that had the correct hoses, run by a very helpful chap called Steve.

STAR Automotive

Front axle to Swivel housing - NAPA part Number 4900 or his invoice UP4900
Front and rear chassis to axle - NAPA part Number 4960 or his invoice UP4960

I hope that helps.

Johann