View Single Post
Old 02-08-16, 11:55
Pieter Bergman

Johnathan,

How much overlap does your hatch have versus the hole in the roof?

Seems I messed up my measurements..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Moore View Post
Pieter,

Lovely job, I know how much time and effort it takes. I don't actually do facebook, all too much hassle I fear. But I shall keep an eye on your project as its so close to my heart.

I've been busy, the roof is finished, apart from a bit of grinding. The rear sun roof took me longer than expected, it never ceases to amaze me how long making all the little bits takes. It now locks, lifts and moves as it should. The front passengers observation hatch is in place and for once this contains some original parts. The inner and outer frames were actually present and usable, as were the hatch catch and strengthening ribs. Alas the actual hatch is long gone and the fabricated replacement was rubbish so a new one had to be made.

Obviously and as usual, the only firm information that I have to work with is from the few dimensions and pictures supplied by Robert. As I don't have any original parts to copy this information has proved invaluable. The next job, is the rear wheel arches and guards. As I finish off grinding the roof, my mind has gone on to how to form the guards. Well It gives me something to dream about at night.

Regards,

Jonathan