View Single Post
Old 14-06-16, 13:39

I managed to get a little side tracked from the 39 ute with some work for Chris Collins on his Morris Tillys x 2 and Jakes 41 Dodge ambulance... and Diamond T and Wiles Junior Cooker...etc. you know how it goes!

Anyway back to the ute, I have decided the rear body side panels are not salvageable. I am getting some blank panels pressed to form the three top ribs. A separate sheet for each side which will then have the bottom pressing folded in and cut outs for the guards formed up by hand. A separate panel will be required for the tailgate outer skin. The doors should be ok.

I have a 40 model and 41 model of these utes to restore in the future and as the triple rib pressing is the same on all three models I will get blank panels made sufficient to reskin the rear sides, the doors and the tailgate.

Once these panels are pressed up there will be no use for retaining the dies required so my man will most likely scrap the dies and reuse the considerable amount of steel going into making them.

This is a once off opportunity if anyone else is considering getting panels to rebuild one of these Australian utes. I don't have a price as yet as we are still working on them but if anyone is interested send me a PM.