View Single Post
Old 01-12-18, 10:03
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Q: Electrically, where did these connect to on the vehicle? Was there a socket at the rear of the Gun Tractor body, or did they remove a taillight lens and fit it in place of the lamp? The socket used has no weather cap (unless you stick a cork in it!). Are these the same plugs that are used on the body wiring harness that plug into the back of the 11/12 Cab rubber taillights, and therefore with a modicum of weatherproofness?

If there is not a socket at the rear of the body, would it explain the presence of the power sockets fitted in the dash panels of the Cab 12 Chevs in THIS THREAD on dash layouts. I note that the dash pictured by Dick Wheat and those by myself in that thread are all of CGT/Portee vehicles. Connecting a trailer (artillery piece) wiring harness to the dash of the towing vehicle would be a major embuggerance. Perhaps an "Extension lead" was used to run from the dash to the rear of the vehicle, where the Gun lead connected? This would keep the exposed socket well within the vehicle to keep it out of the weather.