View Single Post
Old 04-11-20, 18:54

Default Cross-Pin Setting Tool For Cowl Fastener Studs

This is the tool needed for installing the Cross-Pins for the two versions of the Cowl-Fastener Studs found on the Wireless Set No. 52 components. It can also be used to carefully press out the pins already in place, though, with a little care, any adjustable head set of pliers could do this, as long as you do not damage the stud trying.

They were out of stock of this tool at AIRCRAFT SPRUCE CANADA, but did have them available at MilSpec Products when I ordered the larger Cross Pins from them.

They look like a simple large Vise Grip, but the jaws have been machined to accept the two sizes of Cross-Pins (-2 and -5) and if you have more than one of the same type to install, after the first one is centred in its stud, you can close up the hex nut on the adjustment shaft of the tool to lock the settings in place for the rest of the pins you need to install.

And, No, this brand new tool is not rusty. That was the reflection from a large pile of orange wool on the dining room table when I took the photo this morning. I did not notice it when taking the picture.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Cowl Fastener Cross Pin Tool.JPG