Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 13-04-18, 18:38

Default Photo of the neutral position of the forks

Hi Jordan

Someplace I have a pair of photos of the transmission and the forks in the neutral possition to make life easier when reassembling transmission keep a copy of it in my manual in the shop. Will try and find and post.

To install the detent balls I just took a short lenght of wooden dowel with a notch in the end to hold the ball in the fork while pushing the shaft in. The little dowel is tagged and lives in my odd tool drawer along with all those other tools you need for working on CMPs.

On my transmissions on the front flange there are little metal links, two bolts to link, with tabs to keep the cab bolts from working loose. Once found a box of them at a flea market, on the rear seal plate the edge of the is bent to lock the bolts. When using pressed in seals with out the plate I just used Locktight. Though I guess failing the seal and plate type, one could just cut a flat plate out of light steel and drill it for the holes so that you bend the endge up to capture the bolts.

Really enjoying your progess reports, keeps my mind fresh on working on CMPs during those times when none of my trucks need work.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com