Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 20-06-18, 02:12

Default Bearing and race.....

Hi Jordan

Whenever you replace a bearing, be wise, and get a new matching bearing race.

You really do not need to sandblast the inside but if you do you must make sure that all the grits gets washed out which means removing all the cones, identify where they go and it's matching bearing....... same applies to all the shims...keep them sorted by location in a zip lock bag.

When I did mine I replaced all bearings and race and used Speedy Sleeves on the worn yokes with new seals. Once the bare inside was sandblasted I degreaser, acid washed and sealed the castings inside and out with POR 15. Did the same for the tranny and the bell housing. Overkill I know!!!!

GBS should be able to find you all the bearings, race and Speedy Sleeves if not by part number by size....ID...OD.... height.

The joke around the barn is that I took my t case apart and reassembled it seven times before I was happy with all the preload on the bearings....... the seventh time I had taken apart a separate t case just to make sure I had everything in the right order......... runs fine now....... hey what else can you do during the cold Winter months.

Enjoy

GBS
Canada