View Single Post
Old 14-08-20, 02:32

David I have been watching "boots" every time we change front end parts but have found nothing acceptable at this point. The automotive stuff is a little flimsy and usually tapered. I need something barrel shaped that I could adapt. I currently just use a tie rod end cup but it looks hokey. I could adapt my sight to accept a rubber from a tank or artillery sight as James has suggested but I hesitate to rob a sight and you never see them for sale loose here.
Thanks for the reply.

James I doubt if there is one in Canada but I would love to see it if there is. Years ago I contacted all the museums I could find in Canada regarding information or photos and never got a positive reply. I was told once they were made here by CCM (Canada Cycle and Motor) but I have no proof of that. Any history of CCM online says they made gun parts during the war but doesn't go into detail. I know the War Museum in Ottawa didn't have one unless one has been acquired recently. The War Museum has a German equivalent which is far superior. Collectors Source has a sight for sale and it is broad arrow marked so possibly the mounts are only English produced.

Cheers, Barry

Click image for larger version

Name:	motley_aa8.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	117805
http://www.collectorssource.com/medi...motley_aa8.jpg