View Single Post
Old 19-07-20, 01:01

I have one of these sand blasting units and have used for a number of years. It's great for smaller items but if you're planning to blast large items make sure that you've got pleanty of time on your hands and a good supply of blasting grit at hand. I sand blasted a whole RL bedford cab with mine... it took a couple of weekends. As it is a small unit it doesn't chew through heavy paint or heavy rust particularly fast.

All previous feedback applies... a good air supply is very important as well as some good dry sand or garnet. If the sand isn't dry or the is any larger bits in it the bottom valve can block. The nozzles and control valve can wear out over time.

I took to re-cycling the sand as my supply was limited... buying garnet can be expensive but it's more effective than other products in my view. A good clean work area where you can sweep up the sand and then seive it worked ok. Downside of doing this as the process gets a lot more dusty and the blasting process can take longer. A good hi quality face mask is important. Be prepared to get dirty.