View Single Post
Old 21-09-21, 10:50
Lionel G. Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionelgee View Post
Hello All,

Has anyone bought and used one of these portable sandblasters? It has a 37 Litre (18 US Gallon) capacity and runs at 60-125 PSI.

I would like to sandblast a chassis and firewall; plus some steel 20 inch radius truck rims.

There are larger capacity versions of the same style of unit available.

Would this machine be up to the task?

Kind regards
Lionel
Hello All,

It is has been quite some time since I first posted about the portable sand blaster. I saw one advertised second-hand on a local "Marketplace" and it was for a reasonable price. Supposedly bought new and never used - as the person was waiting for inspiration to get into their motor vehicle restoration. Inspiration exited the building so they put the blaster up for sale.

I just needed to buy a $10 connector so it hooked up to my air compressor hose. Plus, I replaced the unit's el-cheapo hose clamp with a better version and the only air leak was fixed. Oh - and I had to remove a mud-wasp's nest from the air inlet port. Luckily the inlet tap was turned off.

I am aware from your earlier contributions to this thread that I will be on the market for a more "professional" grade ceramic nozzle in the near future. However, I am still in front of the cost of a new unit.

The first use of the unit will be to strip the rust and paint from a truck chassis. After that a couple of ex-military Land Rover chassis too. There are also two sets of truck tyre rims off the REO and the Chevy - both with a dual rear axle; plus spares to blast and restore.

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2

Last edited by Lionelgee; 22-09-21 at 04:13.