View Single Post
Old 05-04-18, 21:41

Default That narrows it down....

Thanks Paul

I picked up a complete 61 bell housing with the slave cylinder for $50 at Sterling flea market a few years back.

I do have access to a 2 speed power glide with the adaptor ring to fit a 261
( came out of a Pontiac ) but I fear the 2 speed will not be good with the low gear ratio of the CMP axle.

will fish the aftermarket for an "adapter kit" that would allow a 3 speed to hookup to the 235/261 bolt pattern...... although a bit of a long shot.

The engine bay on a cab 11/12 is so narrow that fitting a small V6 or V8 would be a butchering job....... however if I do get started on a "Umbau-wagon" I can / could be creative .........

Found out from Wikipedia that the word umbauwagon translate to "rebuilt coach" and could apply to anything captured that was rebuilt.

On the later 3 speed did they not have a 6 cylinder in the 250ci range that was used in 4 wheel drive...... what I am getting at is my suspicion that they had a variety of tail shafts..... the 4x4 would have been bolted directly to the T case with NO tail shaft some short wheel based GM may have used some form of short tail shaft..... just do not know what model/year to search for in a junk yard.

I have a bare frame/nose cab 12....no engine tranny.... that I could use to check the fit of a SB chev.... just a cheap seized boat anchor would suit fine for checking clearances. Makes me shiver to think about butchering a good cab11/12....

Bob C
Canada