View Single Post
Old 23-03-18, 22:25

Thanks for the update on the Japan depot rebuild tanks Hanno. I will have to look up my Hunnicutt. I was under the impression the tanks which received the updates shown in Hunnicutt were tanks already in Japan and less than 60 were rebuilt to as new condition with spare wheels, sprockets etc., and the majority of tanks in Japan prior to and at the beginning of the Korean War only received rebuilt differentials, tracks and needed maintenance as they were initially deemed unfit for service until that maintenance was performed. Is it not possible that several of the lesser rebuild tanks were also re - painted in the color of the day. I believe in Don's book there are pictures which also show the Canadians re-painting or having re- painted tanks for various parade ceremonies. The pictures sure seem to indicate these tanks were painted in a much darker, shinier green...Thoughts?

Also makes sense the US would hang on to the fully rebuilt JOD tanks and lend/ lease/rent the older tanks to Canada