View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 23:12

Thanks for that Mike,

How would I get a copy of the MVFS for the LRT?

So, do we know how many were made?
Or who used them? Were they issued forces-wide, or to only specific units or types of duty?

Sorry, I don't know much about this side of the vehicles, never done any service myself, not even close.

I know of a couple of these trailers, ie,
- there is the remains of one in a town near me, deck only. It is where I got the ramps from years ago;
- John Bellfield has one, I'm told;
- I've seen pictures of one, less wheels, along with some other MV stuff also w/o wheels, somewhere in NSW.
- I stumbled across an old remote area roadworks trailer riding on the rear suspension of a LRT in the Gulf country a decade ago. It is gone now, I'm told.
- Darian (SA) has or had one, see thread on MLU.

There is a British version in a museum somewhere, Adelaide or WA (or both?), which is visually similar, but very different underneath.

I also notice that many pictures show the LRT without the winch, fairleads and/or spare wheel bracket and other bits and pieces. So I'll be interested in information/pictures on these details. And I also notice two types of turnbuckle, probably 'as issued' and generic 'as available' at the time.
Also, I'll report on the wheel nut sizes and wheel stud PCD compared to CMP and DT969, . . . one day.

Have a nice day.
Sam.

Last edited by Sam Scholz; 02-11-19 at 23:31.