View Single Post
Old 31-08-07, 17:23
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Seems a shame...

I've been thinking about this issue since the above was posted; it seems a shame the door has apparently been slammed shut on Keith's proposal for '08.

While I hasten to acknowledge that in the greater scheme of things my perspective is that of an Outsider, it would seem to me that Keith's proposal made an awful lot of sense from a logistical standpoint if nothing else.

I do know a little something about the logistical requirements of the transport, deployment and care & feeding of heavy armour and its crews, and my instinct, based upon my albeit limited exposure to the Ball Park, is that it is largely unsuitable for this purpose. This equipment needs a LOT of space to move about safely (I'm not just talking about 'display' movement) and its entire logistical train has to be right there with it, vehicle for vehicle. To me, the Airport seemed ideal, especially for the number of vehicles which seem to be anticipated for '08.

A good commander could deploy tactically within the confines of the Ball Park, but that's about it methinks... but of course I'll defer to the armour professionals among us for a final assessment!

As far as C&C responsibility is concerned, an idle question - is this whole show presentation concept not a collaborative effort anyway? That's been my experience in past, even regards much larger shows than this.

Once again, I readily acknowledge my Outsider's perspective; having said that, I would really like to see this thing work, with all involved giving their best!