Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 14-12-17, 01:15
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Baker View Post
Too cold in the shop to do work now. But I did luck out big time back in October. Through a Facebook group a guy in Italy was selling some CMP seats. I noticed the seat rises had features that matched the holes in the box floor of my truck. After getting the measurements it was confirmed that the risers were in fact Wire-3 seat parts. Unfortunately for me, the seller in Italy had already sold the parts and shipped them to another vehicle restorer in Czechoslovakia. Luck would have it that I made contact with him (he's also a fellow MLU'er) and explaining what the risers were he agreed to sell me just the risers. Well today I picked up the package from the post office. Another Wire-3 mystery solved. Interestingly these were made in Brantford during the war. Went to Italy sometime in 1944, then sold to Czechoslovakia and now back home in a Canada about 45min away from where they were made in 1944.
I had a horrible time finding the attachment chain material. The same chain is available in larger sizes but the only modern one close to the right size doesn't have the wrap around twist in the middle. So I drift over to the pet section and there is a bundle of chain with two clips at either end (to attach Fido to his dog house) of precisely the right size and style. I promptly bought two. My dogs were NOT impressed until I convinced them it was for the truck and not them.
Attached Thumbnails
My soccer ball.JPG