View Single Post
Old 30-04-18, 20:08
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Reynolds View Post
Do you guys have any more images, of any unit using a 46 set?
Ive trawled google, the IWM achives and every text book i can find.

The reason is im trying to put the webbing gear together to actually hang the 46set from.
i know it will be a 37pattern belt and cross straps, possibly with extenders. but for rest of the equipment im guessing.
wireless satchel or small pack on the hip?
but for the other side of the chest i have no idea.
Hi Alan,

There are some smaller photographs in Wireless for the Warrior Volume 2, as well as line drawings, but they're not much help.

As far as I can make out, the standard infantry belt and cross-straps are used, with brace extensions on the belt. The respirator is carried on the right hand side of the chest, for ease of access.

The WS46 backpack (Satchel, Signals, No.3 plus wiring harness, etc.) is fitted with a pair of brace straps. The left hand one also has a 'Hooks, Brace' (as used with the WS38) attached. Belt extensions No.1 and No.2 are fitted to the left hand side of the waistbelt. Putting the set on must be something of an art!

The backpack is worn in the normal way, and hooked onto the brace extensions. The set carrier is then suspended from the 'Hooks, Brace' on the LH brace, and secured to the waistbelt by the belt extensions. I'll see if I can get photographs of all the various bits so you know what to look for.

There is no additional signals satchel carried; the backpack contains two batteries (one spare) in waterproof bags, along with the second headset assembly, aerial adapter, and ancillaries.

Chris.