View Single Post
Old 20-01-20, 17:40

I have not reported much on this project recently, so thought an explanation would be in order. I have been sidetracked with a related project(s).

I am at a point now where I need to go through both receivers to align and calibrate them. This requires a multimeter and an oscilloscope. I have a good analog and digital pair of meters to do part of the work with, and I had a working OS8-B Oscilloscope until last October, when a pair of electrolytic can capacitors in the power supply died. Exact modern replacements are available but pricy.

In November, a local friend told me of a pile of surplus electronics that had just been dropped off at a local museum and that most of it was not usable for the museum and headed for scrap. He suggested I drop by for a rummage. Ended up coming home with four semi scrapped Tektronix oscilloscopes and a pile of related goodies. The scopes weighed 65 pounds each and it took two car trips to get all the stuff home. All for the price of a large Timmies Coffee.

Out of the four scopes, I now have one restored and finally doing almost all it is supposed to do. Still a bit of fine tuning to sort out, but the end of this project is finally in sight. Then I can get back to the two 52-Set receivers and get them finished.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Tek Type 545 A Scope 1.JPG   Tek Type 545 A Scope 2.JPG   Tek Type 545 A Scope 3.JPG   Tek Type 545 A Scope 4.JPG   Tek Type 545 A Scope 6.JPG  

Last edited by David Dunlop; 26-01-20 at 03:05.