Thread: How To: Ford CMP "Blitz" miscellany
View Single Post
Old 09-12-16, 10:14
Tony Baker

As always, Jacques, Your work is exceptional! Don't suppose you Wanna finish my truck, do ya?

I had the same thought regarding Pearl Harbour. Strikes me as ironic that our media in Australia climbs all over themselves to get best coverage of ANZAC Day, yet similarly significant commemorations in other parts of the world hardly get a look in. I know it's not 'our' event, but it sure is our history, regardless of where it occured. If not for Pearl Harbour, it is just possible USA may not have entered the war. That could have proved disastrous for Australia.

As you would recall, I've been known to hang around Pearl Harbour on occasion. We were there for the last time on the 71st anniversary of the attack. What an event, what a suitably sombre day. If you don't get a bit of 'dust' in your eyes on a day like that, you are a cold hearted individual. I wonder how many people have leaned over the railings of the Arizona memorial, watched drops of oil rise from the depths of the ship to expand in that familiar rainbow colored slick, and shed the odd tear or two. I know I have. You just can't help it. I bet it fogged your eyes like it did mine! If that experience doesn't put a lump in your throat, I can't imagine anything else would, and you better check your pulse.

Last weekend I stumbled across a boxed DVD set on Pearl Harbour, and bought it. I'm still working my way through it, but can wholeheartedly recommend it. There is 12 hours of features in the 8 disks. I think you would thoroughly enjoy it, Jacques. I can get it to you if interested to see it. See attached images.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_0008-resized-1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	87052

Name:	dsc_0010-resized-1280.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	87053

Name:	dsc_0009-resized-1280.jpg