View Single Post
Old 14-04-06, 01:37

Default Petronix is good...

Bob,

Saw this thread and was going to mention Petronix before you did. They are quite well recieved in the Jeep community, several guys I know of run them in their autolite dizzys with a 6 volt system and swear by them. Faster start-up and worry-free performance. I'm contemplating switching my points over to a Petronix system, only because it's one less thing to worry about...byt my dizzy seems to be working quite well right now...so you know the rule, dont' mess with it when it's working correctly, right? hehehe....

Petronix are great, they drop into your distributor (they have different models for different manufacturers) and it's often only one extra wire that needs to be installed, which, unless you know what to look for, isn't going to ruin authenticity (which can get quite ridiculously anal in said jeep community).

If your dizzy is good mechyanically otherwise Bob, you can't go wrong with the Petronix system, by it's reputation. Again, I have no first-hand experience, but from the guys I know who have used (and loved it) I wouldn't hesitate in installing it.

They also manufactuer a "high performance" coil which is supposed to deliver a better spark, etc....fwiw.

http://www.pertronix.com/ - manufacturer's website....

Tim