View Single Post
Old 01-09-18, 05:08
Rick Cove

Nice photos, thanks for them. Something does not look right to me. I don't think the fuel tank covers are right for that type of cabin top. If they are the right ones then the cabin top with no roof is incorrect. The cabin top with the padded cushions around the top does not go with round tanks. This one has 3 hinges on the rear hatch which is an early Mark identifier, but round tanks were only on the first early Mark with the vertical radiator, not the horizontal one it has, and would have had a full length engine cover. I know that modifications were done as they came down the line so who actually knows what is right and what is not.

My lynx is a change over model which was modified during its build from vertical to horizontal radiator louvers and the shorter engine cover. You can see in many places where the have welded up holes and oxy cut other areas to fit the horizontal louvers and short engine cover. It has the same hinged covers on the lubrication points as Dirks which also points out that is is an early hull.

Having said that, I don't mean to be a rivet counter as I am so glad to see one on the road and Dirk has certainly helped me out with hard to get parts for mine.
1940 F30S Cab11
1940 Chev WA LRDG "Te Hai"
1941 F60L Cab12
1943 Ford Lynx
1942 Bren Gun Carrier VR no.2250
Humber FV1601A
Saracen Mk1(?)
25pdr. 1940 Weir No.266
25pdr. Australian Short No.185 (?)
KVE Member.