Thread: Humber FV1600
View Single Post
Old 09-08-07, 11:27
02 BK 09 ; 02 BK 32

Default Humer Radio Shack Conversion

Hi guys -
Les, thanks for the photo, I had heard about the truck and was interested in seeing a picture.

Is this the body that Brian Hewitt had for sale near folkestone a few years back or a different one?

I agree with Clive, any Humber saved in any form is good - and this one has the potential to be a much nicer vehicle than my truck 02 BK 09 will EVER be...but something should not be passed off as what it isn't so I hope the new owner was not under the impression that this WAS an FV1604.

Having said that, I would say well worth £1600 for a very restorable Humber camper van....

Clive - do you know the whole military reg and engine no. for this vehicle? - if so it would be worth posting here as this site seems to me to be the best collection of info on surviving Humbers anywhere in the world right now....so for the record it can only help to identify the correct identity for this truck.

Who knows, the new owner may become interested in the FV1604 and decide to remove the winch and fit all the correct components over time and build an 'honest replica' - and seeing just how rare original FV1604's are, I would say that any Humber wearing a Radio cabin is still a very interesting machine, wether it be a replica or just a campervan!

P.S. any interest or news on the wreck in Oxfordshire(se earlier posts)?

Regards,
Tom
Portsmouth, UK