View Single Post
Old 13-10-10, 09:57

Default de-act bren

know what you mean..last xmas at the time of the very bad weather hear I sold a newish russian jeep to a company in London...the day of the first big blizzard young chap came up by train from London I collected him from the railway station fed him then waved him off...durring the blizzard he telephoned broken down 10 miles away..i went out in the blizzard and recovered him and the vehicle(electrics dead) offered him accomadation but he wanted to get home..battled throught the snow and got him to the station...ordered new alternator and power pack after 1 week he returned once more by train,collected him once again...another meal and away he went again...yes he broke down again at the very same spot...as snow was much worse and most roads where closed...recovered him again..returned the funds yet again and returned him to the station..we parted as friends and no hard feelings..I was lots of pounds out of pocket...but when you sell something it has to be spot on...fault was traced to a faulty electronic gizmo in the dizzy...vehicle eventualy sold but at a reduced price...result everybody happy except my wife and bank manager....regards malcolm