View Single Post
Old 19-10-06, 06:15

Stewart, thanks for the encouragement. Only you would bring "Disney" into this. Thanks

I have been busy working away on the vision slots for the last couple of weeks. I now have about 90% of the hardware needed.

Do to an almost non-existant source for the plunger housing and knob I have made a mold and cast some up. I have two original ones but I still needed a third. They are cast from a 2 part casting resin. These show my first shot at it and I had some big air bubbles. The resin was really old and no loner that good. Once I get some new stuff I should be able to cast them up very easily. The only down side is that they are very light in weight compared to the originals. However once painted and installed you will never know. Plus the resin is extremely strong. Its also used for rock climbing hand holds.

I also got some NOS plungers and then made up the springs and pins for them. I tired to use the original spring retaining pins but they kept "mushrooming" on me before they would go all the way in. I ended up using some galvanised fence wire. The springs came from Home Depot and had originaly been compression ones. I simply streched one out and it made up enough for the 3 plungers.
Attached Thumbnails
plungerparts01.jpg  
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer

Last edited by Jordan Baker; 19-10-06 at 06:23.