Thread: Armour Dreams
View Single Post
Old 22-09-19, 11:20

David,
Good theory but my prior research pointed me in roughly the right direction.

Tony,
Nice picture, I wish that I had had that earlier.

Firstly and I have no connection with this product but if you are interested in Panzers there are 2 DVD's entitled "GERMAN TANK INTERIORS" if you haven't got them they are a really good source of information and especially pictures.

The first two pictures below are from a Panzer IV, well one version of the drivers seat. They gave me a good indication of the construction but I have to admit, I missed the bar running across the back of the back rest.
The last picture is from a Panzer II, if you look carefully and this must make me really sad, you can just make out the edge of the seat cover retaining strip, much the same construction as on my version of the commanders seat back rest.( shown in the middle picture)

The base of these seats is obviously a pad resting on springs, this wasn't an option for me, as in mine, the steering / brake mechanism is under the seat.

Thanks for the input I really appreciate it and if anyone has any pictures that may help they will all be gratefully received.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails
seat pz IV.jpg   00004.jpg   DSC04368.jpg  
Attached Images

1938 DKW SB200
1944 DKW NZ350-1
1967 Ural K750 sidecar outfit
1944 VW Kubelwagen KDF82
1942 Steyr 1500A
1944 Morris C8A
1943 Chevrolet CMP8A HUP?
194? Bedford QL

Last edited by Jonathan Moore; 22-09-19 at 11:23. Reason: pictures loaded in a different order