Thread: No 19 Help
View Single Post
Old 04-02-17, 22:43

Well, I was almost right, Gina.

Seems they may only ever have been two cable lengths ever available for the 19-Set B Aerial, both based on multiples of the wavelength of the VHF frequency that was used. My confusion stems from the fact that at some point during the production of the set, the nomenclature for these cables was changed. Hopefully the following will be of help:

Aerial Feeder No. 2 (became Connectors, Coaxial, No. 11) was 4 feet 2 inches long - 1-1/2 wavelengths

Aerial Feeder No. 3 (became Connectors, Coaxial, No. 11A) was 7 feet long - 2-1/2 wavelengths

If the Mounting No. 9 for the B-Set needs to be close to the top of the turret for optimal signal strength, factor the distance from hull deck to top plate of turret from the longer cable length. Whatever length is left over, will give you an idea of how far away the 19-Set can be from the B-Set aerial assembly. I guess in your case, you already know the 19-Set location so the B-Set aerial location limit would be dictated from that point. My guess would be somewhere on the right hand side of the hull. One would waste too much cable trying to run it anywhere across the vehicle.

David