View Single Post
Old 01-05-17, 11:45
Ian Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Reed View Post
Hi Ian,

I am almost certain the rubber parts are the same as Ford engine mounts looking at my collection of old body and engine mounts. See attached.

The only difference I can see is the length of the bolts. The body mount ones on the left are slightly longer, probably to accommodate the thicker cast steel chassis to body support arm. The third one is an original Engine mount bolt and the one on the right is an early Landrover engine mount. This would account for the astisk Grant mentioned in the parts list.

As a mater of interest Ford CMP engine mounts are also the same as early Landrover engine mounts. I bought my engine mounts from a Landrover parts supplier a long time ago in the years BI (Before Internet). Think he said they were the same as Series 2A engine mounts. Perhaps the Landy experts on the forum can confirm.

Surprisingly Blackwoods Industrial Supplies carried at that time an identical rubber vibration insulator in their catalogue. No guarantee it is still available though.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,
Yes Jacques,
I have found a supplier here in Oz for the mounts so now its all about the money, yes they are the same as Ford engine mounts. Land Rover mounts would suffice (I have a few) but I will be getting five new mounts from http://www.tcrcarponents.com.au.

Many thanks to all contributors to this thread, (so far Lynn, Phil, Jacques, Terry and Phil) and it makes a restoration so much easier when you're not the 'trail blazer'!

On another note: I dropped my roof in at the sand blasters today so it will return next Monday with all the tin worm damage visible. Then I can set to repairing it.

Cheers,

Ian

F15A,
2x Army Land Rover 88' sIIA's
GPW
Other stuff

Last edited by sth65pac; 01-05-17 at 11:48. Reason: Credits