View Single Post
Old 09-08-20, 08:43

Hi Andrew and Grant,
That could be an airline on Post 114, but a bit vague to be confirmed. Adds to the mystery. Attached photo shows what could be an airline behind the driver's seat near the rifle mount, not sure if that helps or not, although it focuses the area of the cab for its location. 6" of pipe not much to work on though.
The parts sheet only shows one airline connector from the pump, so only one connector makes sense.
Looking at the problem from another angle. If it was my truck, where would I want the connector located for easy access and connection, centrally on the truck? In the cab, obviously, not on the floor where it could be stepped on and kicked/pick up dirt and be a trip hazard. Not under a flap that could be damaged, knocked off or jammed. Not too low down so that I have to move stowage to get to it. Most likely I would mount it on the inside of the side panel of the cab on the LHS. I most likely wouldn't mount it under a flap on the side of the cab below the door.
MCP and CMP trucks were simple practical designs. the flap is out of character. It was a standard kit to fit MCP trucks, most of which had doors fitted, so access would require the door open and you would need to hold the door open to stop it slamming onto the hose and connector and damaging them.
But in that case what was the flap for? Have I mis-interpreted the original photo of the flap? Are there photos of CMP airline connectors fitted to trucks?
Are there specific panels to fit under the door with a flap on them? Sounds a complicated way to fit the kit if you have to remove a panel and weld/bolt a new one in to fit the connector.
More questions than answers! If pushed I would go for the flap arrangement purely because there is evidence for it, but I'm not convinced yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Picture9.jpg