View Single Post
Old 23-10-20, 10:44

Thanks for posting that one — so I had seen it before, but not realised it because of the poor quality! The ladder along the AVRE looked familiar, but because I couldn’t recall a photo that actually shows the 10 on Wolf of Badenoch I thought I hadn’t seen this one before.

I’m not sure where that photo comes from, though. It’s in a binder with what seems to be someone’s collection of photographs relating to the war on Walcheren, and a lot (perhaps even most) photos are in it more than once — as in, two or three identical ones stuffed into a single pocket. I have no idea if he took them himself and printed multiple copies, or if they’re all published photos that he collected doubles of and put into a binder together. No negatives to be seen, but of course, if they were his own photos, chances are he (or his heirs) hung onto those and donated only the prints to the museum.

As for the bulldozer: I didn’t come across that photo in the albums and binders. I did find an original print of this one:

in a photo album put together by the photographer, and she captioned it as being exactly where I thought it was, so at least that suspicion is confirmed.

I also found an original print of:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bij Erika (via Piet van Rooijen).jpg
Views:	8
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	116986

in an album from the captain of the suction dredger that was used to build the new dyke, who appears to have made that photo. However, something went wrong scanning it, so it’s become far too pixellated to be useful. I’ll have to go back and try again.

Last edited by Jakko Westerbeke; 23-10-20 at 10:53.