View Single Post
Old 12-03-09, 12:27
Inactive Member

Default lights on the frontlight

I consider myself very lucky that a good friend made me aware of this thread. Man what an Aladins cave in information!
While studying all info I have on the 1941 Chevy's to convert a 1:35th scale LRDG to a closed cab, and an LRDG one to "Egyptian standard production" I noticed different lights. I found one picture of an LRDG that has the top light on the headlights, and a today desert shot of a a frontpiece (fenders and grille) that has the same. Al surviving 1941-1947 civvy chevy's (let's call them "art-deco" chevy's) from pick-up's to 6wheelers have this light. All LRDG except the ones I mentioned have not.
I read it's a production difference from 1942 production on. It could have been that they where stripped for weight though. Anyone any ideas?

(Bye the way that closed cab Chevy you want to convert to LRDG is original AND rare. If you convert it it wil be one of several LRDG that are not original. There are at least 2 fake - LRDG 1941 Chevy's as far as I can see from pictures. It would be an absolute waist of a marvelous truck....)