View Single Post
Old 29-09-18, 23:16

I had this region code problem a few years ago. I took my DVD player to a repair place and he fixed it in 30 seconds. He told me that the factory repair manuals - normally only available to authorised service centres - have the code combinations to program area restrictions or remove them all together.

He said they "should" not override the settings as there were arrangements between the equipment manufacturers and film distributors (often the same company eg Sony) to artificially restrict international access so they can manipulate market prices.

Many players now on the market, I think driven by the Chinese disregard of copyright in many areas, freely advertise all-region capability.

All you need to do is to download for free one of the many player apps and they will convert and read any DVD which you can put straight on your computer, a USB dongle or burn a new DVD. Make sure you get a good one because some are more capable than others and you need it to do this specific job. Just make sure conversion is on their list or you will have wasted your time and have to try another one.

Lang

Last edited by Lang; 29-09-18 at 23:27.