View Single Post
Old 01-09-07, 16:08
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Thanks Ian!

Well-spoken, and I thank you for your very professional situational appreciation of the event as proposed.

I too believe that this might well be one of the most memorable Corowa events of all time, but only if the scope of the operation and the complexity of all its elements are taken into consideration.

My military perspective is simple: you deal with the professionals in the trades whose support you require. If you need fire support, you talk to your FOO; if you need armour support, you ring up an Armoured Corps liaison officer; air, the same. They know their jobs.

This is no different. People such as yourself and Keith Adam seem ideally placed to engineer and oversee such a grand project as that envisioned for '08, and I think that if this is to happen at all, it must be with your combined expertise in the forefront.

Otherwise, the risks would seem too great, with results potentially too terrible to contemplate. All it would take would be for one child to be squished flat to see the end of all of it, forever.

Thanks again, Ian; now let's all knock heads together and get this job done!

Geoff