View Single Post
Old 02-09-07, 14:08
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Ian and Richard

Thank you both for some very erudite posts on the subject!

Richard, I believe you've covered all the salient points to be made, and more:

-- this is not about defining some mystical and mythical 'jurisdictional' issue;

-- the core of 'Airport '08' as presented by Mr. Adam is that it satisfies all requirements of heavy tracked armour for the 2008 Show;

-- the experts in the handling of such vehicles are ready, able and willing to work with any others to ensure Corowa '08 becomes the biggest and best Corowa ever;

-- Mr. Adam's Airport concept is designed to work in conjunction with, not in competition with the regular Corowa Show.

These are NOT separate events, they are two parts of the Whole. Done together, this will indeed be a truly memorable Year.

Let us bring the [apparent] two camps together to become two unique elements of one unique event.

Ian, your Point # 2 dovetails neatly in with this; if members of the KVE Executive would be willing to sit down at a neutral location - and Corowa itself would seem to be ideal - would you be willing to act as Mediator to the meeting? It would also seem that someone with your skill and experience in the subject matter, and holding the position that you do within the hobby, is just who is called for on such an occasion. Just a thought....

To all interested parties: I am in possession of a well-written situational appreciation comparing the two locations for the purposes in mind, and have been asked to post it verbatim. I shall do so a bit later this morning (EDT).

Geoff