View Single Post
Old 03-09-07, 02:04
www.REMLR.com

Whilst I understand that the committee of KVE don't regularly access the MLU forum, and a lot has been said since they last accessed it, I wanted to add my small say without adding too much to the fire.

Reading the proposal, and Ian's comments, a lot of very valid things have been said, many of which the committee has considered. However I can see a couple of issues.

I read john's post in conjunction with the proposal. John said that the committee doesn't condone an event outside their control, and unless i've read it wrong (which may be the case, and i'm welcome to be corrected), the proposal read more as an extra or parallel event, rather than a suggestion as to how and where the tracked vehicles could be accommodated and allowed for.

However by john's post, KVE is also looking at some similar alternatives as it is. Ideally we could have a padock for the tracked vehicles to play in (perhaps with a short course of lumps, bumps and humps al la beltring). I know that i'm a relative newbie having only attended Corowa in 2007, however i may be attending to help crew a tracked vehicle in 2008, so I do have an interest in what is going on.

Perhaps before we all get too wound up we allow john to reply with some more detail and replies to what has been discussed thus far?? nobody denies that it is a complicated issue to overcome, but arguing before we have more feedback from KVE, which was formed to organise the event, isn't going to benefit anybody.